February 1, 2009

Santeria

Anyone who has heard that song will know what I am about to talk about right... now. Okay so that song is beyond awesome and it is the type of song that forces you to sing and dance no matter where you are. I would totally have someone play that song at my funeral because I want to follow my Grandma Dee's example with that. She isn't dead by the way but she has this supper elaborate plan for her funeral. Like she want an absurd amount of roses, to be dressed up really nice and my favorite to have the song 1999 by Prince to be play. I love my Grandma Dee she is the the wig wearing boyfriend having type of super sweet grandma. I love it and my other Grandma too. He last boyfriend road motorcycles and there is the cutest picture of them. I don't think she is with him anymore though so no more motorcycle rides I guess. Anyway that song and songs like it are awesome. Sublime's other songs are good too like Date Rape. Truly hilarious even though it shouldn't be but he got what he deserved I think power to that girl though. Doin' Time and Rivers of Babylon are good too. Well I am going to continue listening to his songs and then start writhing my essay on why colonization is good. I am trying to get into that mind frame first though. Ehhh wish me luck.... Au Revior.

4 comments:

Lorita said...

Grandmothers have these out of this world stories every time you ask them. Sometimes it gets repetitive but never ever old. My grandmother wants her funeral to be the same exact way. Flowers everywhere and her favorite song playing. I tell her that that day will never come (because I don't want to think about it) but she just laughs.

Burt said...

I love Sublime! My favorites are Seed, Smoke Two Joints, and Pawn Shop.

P.S. I would totally get the sun from the cover of 40 Oz. to Freedom tattooed on my back..

Carman said...

If you do i hope that it looks really good because there are so many little details in it. I love all his songs, but I don't think I have heard Smoke Two Joints yet and instead of watching the super bowl today was having my own personal karaoke party.

Burt said...

That's cool. Yea it does have a lot of detail and maybe it'll cost too much, but I'm hoping to 'build connections' in college ;)