September 18, 2008

When to Say I love You

" I love you" can be considered a hackneyed phrase, but never the less people are keen in using it. There is no limit to how many times you can say "I love you," unless you are purely saying it just to say it. If you do love someone then shout it out. Say it every single second of the day in the same that the farm boy said it to Princess Buttercup(if you have seen the Princess Bride you would understand that). Change your voice if you are trying to show your passion behind you words and if they love you too then your loved one will understand completely. A person does not even need to physically need to use those words. A simple hand of the small of her back( I adore using that phrase) or even a speacial glance shared between you and your loved one. Anything and everything is fine because love does not lose its value when you do not say it enough or if you say it to much. Love loses its value when there was no meaning to it in the first place.
That was for you Mr. Miclette. And I hope by reading this people do not begin to think that I am a hopeless romantic because I really am not. Although, I am not pessimistic on the subject I not completely head over heels(even though you head is always over you heels) for it either.

2 comments:

matthew travers said...

i think that's the beauty of love. somehow, people imagine it to be a cookie cutter phrase that you can stamp into any situation and make someone giggle like a pillsbury dough boy. i think by the time you truly understand what it means to love, there is not much time left for you to express it to many people. i think the knowledge of love is acquired only through many hardships, across many terrains, and such a divinely complicated emotion as love, i think, was never meant to be fully understood.

Thompson said...

I think you're right, Carman, that the words mean nothing if there's not anything to back it up. There's a line in a song that I never finished, but that I'm really proud of nonetheless, that talks about "trying to make the words I scream speak louder than my actions"- telling people you love them is the easy part, if you can get over the awkwardness of it; coordinating your actions with that sentiment, and doing it consistently, is the challenging part.