April 26, 2009

Swine Flu


The effects the media has on people is amazing. The reason that sparked this thought was the many pictures of people wearing those face mask respirating things. Anyway so I have be seeing pictures like that every day when I go to My Yahoo homepage and under the picture the subtitle will say something like "is swine flu the big one?" Hearing all the hype, I decided to google swine and found that it probably won't end up being the "big one." Who knows though I guess, but unless you are living anywhere near pigs you are quite safe. And if you are like me and are thinking "what about food can you catch from that?" The answer is no apparently if you are eating properly cooked pork you will not catch and if you do that means you food was cooked incorrectly and you might be at risk so something even more serious like salmonella(I don't really know if that is more serious). Bird flu seemed much worse because it is much harder to stay away from pigeons and seagulls then a pig farm. Unless you work them I guess. Anyway this blog is starting to go off track so this shall be the last sentence.

3 comments:

Lorita said...

Wow, your blog about swine flu was very informative. My family and I began panicking as soon as we heard about this disease but after further research, it did not seem like a crisis. A person must be careful these days, that's all.

Deshanky. said...

The picture of people wearing those blue masks had me thinking... I used to have a mask when I was little ( my grandma's a nurse) and every time I wore it, I was still able to breathe in air. So, in my opinion, those masks don't really protect you much from Swine Flu. Unless you have one fitted for your face, or something. Anyway, dear Carmen, your blog answered most of my questions. You're such a smartie. =]

Deshanky. said...

Gosh, your name has an "a" instead of an "e". I have to tell myself that every time.